By Jane and Chux: We are always looking for new ideas for things to make. We like variety and enjoy trying new recipes. Even though we have an extensive cookbook collection and love having a book in hand, we have also come to appreciate a number of online cooking resources. Following is a list of some of our favorites:
1) 101 Cookbooks: This site was created by Heidi Swanson (a cookbook author, photographer, and world traveler) in 2003 when she decided to do something with her large cookbook collection, instead of just looking at them. This site is well organized with good articles, beautiful pictures, and lots of recipes.
2) Post Punk Kitchen: This site was created by Isa Chandra Moskowitz in 2003 and is dedicated to vegan cooking and baking. This site is rich with great recipes and videos. You can also purchase Isa’s cookbooks if you want one in hand. Really nice site.
3) Smitten Kitchen: Deb Perlman created this site with a focus on the home cook with simple ingredients to which most of us have access.
4) Jamie Oliver: Jamie Oliver has cooking shows, cookbooks, magazine and endorsements. I really like his TV show called “15-minute Meals.” I love how Jamie promotes healthy, family home cooking with local ingredients.
5) Yotum Ottolenghi: Yotum Ottolenghi is a chef, restaurateur, writer and cookbook author (he and Sami Tamimi created the very popular “Jerusalem” cookbook). His website also has recipes with a Mediterranean focus. You can also find Yotum Ottolenghi’s food articles in the London Guardian newspaper.